Since the UMASS LaxBacker’s inception in the fall of 2001, we are pleased to report that we have raised over $500,000 for the men’s varsity lacrosse program. Our alumni, family & friends have shown remarkable support for the program, which has resulted in a newfound pride for UMass Lacrosse and unprecedented success.
For the past fifteen years, the proceeds raised have been used to:
- Provide commemorative watches to the 2001 seniors and the 2002 NCAA quarterfinalist team
- Award the 2003, 2005, 2006, and 2012 squads with team picture/accomplishment plaques
- Purchased championship rings for the 2006 team
- Digital video viewing/editing software that has enhanced video breakdown for the coaching staff
- Provide extra funding for team travel – meals on and off campus for the players
- Contribute funds for alumni events/awards/banquets/BBQs
- Provide wind wrap branding at the base of the bleachers, around the fence on top of the hill, and on the North fence, which depicts past players and shows our programs success over the years
- Buy new HD video camera to help enhance scouting, film quality and teaching/new TCs
- Purchase flights in 2012 for team to play at Ohio State, in 2013 for team to play in Atlanta versus UNC, in 2014 for team to play in Jacksonville versus Ohio State, in 2015 for team to play at UNC, and in 2017 for team to play at Ohio State
- Provide all fall travel, associated with fall scrimmages, in these years – meals, hotels, buses
- Purchase new team practice/game jerseys and shorts
- Assist with newly constructed locker room – new wood lockers/drop ceiling/improved lighting/branding
- Have branding in new offices and film room
- Put a great new field grass surface on Garber Field
The UMASS LaxBacker Committee would like to thank all those that have contributed to the Annual LaxBacker Fund, expressing their true support of the program. With the remarkable support shown by our alumni for the LaxBackers over the last 15 years, it is obvious that we have just scratched the surface of potential for this organization. The Laxbacker funds offset costs associated to the TEAM – that are not covered by our operating budget from the University.
You can make a difference in the current team’s experience at UMass by contributing to the LaxBacker Fund. Yearly membership fees will allow us to have a steady stream of annual revenue that will enable the LaxBackers to sponsor events each year for our players, families, alumni, and friends, while ultimately instilling pride and belonging to the program.
In recognition of your $150/$175 membership fee you will receive the new UMass Lacrosse Gorilla t-shirt, admission to all home games (1 admission for single LaxBacker, 2 admissions for family LaxBacker), access to all LaxBacker sponsored events, and the UMass Lacrosse Alumni Newsletter will be sent to you via email every couple of weeks.
Stay connected, pass the word on, and continue supporting UMass Lacrosse!!
Thank You Very Much For Your Support!!!
|The University of Massachusetts Lacrosse Alumni Committee|
|Greg Cannella – ’87||Chris Gabrielli – ’01||Bob Goodhue – ’70|
|Brett Jenks – ’89||Keith Gabrielli – ’01||Norm Smith – ’79|
|Kelley Carr – ’88||Rich Guyre – ’05|
|Rick Senatore – ’91||Paul Hutchen – ’02|